Don't feed the troll...

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Fri Jun 14 11:54:06 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-14, Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> wrote:
> Now there is nothing wrong in being ignorant. The question is
> how do you proceed from there. The answer is not by starting a
> project that is far above your ability and pestering the
> experts in the hope they will spoon feed you.

A major issue is this: the spoon-feeding he does receive is
unefficacious. Smart, well-meaning, articulate people's time is
getting squandered.

I read the responses. I've learned things from them. But Nikos
has not. And once a discussion devolves to reitteration even that
value is lost.

And perhaps worst of all, there's none of the closure or
vicarious catharsis that usually comes from a well-designed
educational transaction.

--
Neil Cerutti