Don't feed the troll...

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Jun 18 09:38:40 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-18, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> tl;dr Stop acting like a troll and we'll stop perceiving you as such.
>
> This being Python-list, we duck-type. You don't have to declare that
> you're a troll, like you would in C; you just react like a troll and
> we'll treat you as one. We never ask "are you a troll", we just ask
> "do you quack like a troll".

Indeed.  The "is he a troll" question is a discussion about internals.
And like many Python users, some of us do like to discuss questions
about internals (though we hopefully know enough not to depend on the
answers being the same tomorrow).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! What I want to find
                                  at               out is -- do parrots know