Don't feed the troll...

Zero Piraeus schesis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 09:33:06 EDT 2013

:

On 14 June 2013 08:50, Nick the Gr33k <support at superhost.gr> wrote:

> So, if i had no interest of actually learning python i would just cut n'
> paste provided code without worrying what it actually does, since knowing
> that came form you would be enough to know that works.

Worrying what it actually does is good; an inquiring mind is a
prerequisite for becoming a good programmer.

Another prerequisite is discipline. That means the discipline to try
and work out for yourself what's going on, rather than repeatedly
spamming this list with trivial enquiries.

It also means the discipline to both read and type carefully: until
and unless you learn to take more care in how you express yourself,
both in code and in prose, you will be plagued by syntax errors and
frustrated responses respectively.

I have only skimmed it, but you might find the following tutorial helpful:

  http://learnpythonthehardway.org/

Many of the early exercises may seem too basic, and you'll be tempted
to skip them - given your conduct here, I imagine you'll be *strongly*
tempted to skip them. Don't. You need to learn discipline.

 -[]z.