Don't feed the help-vampire

Heiko Wundram modelnine at modelnine.org
Fri Jun 14 08:31:53 EDT 2013

Am 14.06.2013 14:09, schrieb rusi:
> Since identifying a disease by the right name is key to finding a
> cure:
> Nikos is not trolling or spamming; he is help-vampiring.

Just to explain the trolling allegation: I'm not talking about him
wanting to get his scripts fixed, that's help-vampiring most certainly,
and an extreme form of that (thanks btw. for pointing me to that term,
whoever did).

I was talking about his repeated attempts at "making conversation" by
asking questions about encoding, short-circuit evaluation and such which
seem like they are relevant for him to solve his problem, but due to his
persistence of understanding things in a wrong way/not understanding
them at all/repeating the same misunderstandings time after time have
drifted off into endless repetitions of the same facts by helpful
posters, and have gotten a lot of people seriously annoyed (also, due to
other facts such as him changing his NNTP hosts and/or From-addresses
which breaks kill-filing).

Now, if that latter behaviour isn't trolling, I don't know what is.
Simply nobody who takes what he does at least a little bit serious is
_as_ thick as he makes himself seem.

--
--- Heiko.