Don't feed the troll... (was: Re: A few questiosn about encoding)

Fábio Santos fabiosantosart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 06:20:53 EDT 2013

On 14 Jun 2013 10:20, "Heiko Wundram" <modelnine at modelnine.org> wrote:

> Am 14.06.2013 10:37, schrieb Nick the Gr33k:
>>
>> So everything we see like:
>>
>> 16474
>> nikos
>> abc123
>>
>> everything is a string and nothing is a number? not even number 1?
>

> Come on now, this is _so_ obviously trolling, it's not even remotely
funny anymore. Why doesn't killfiling work with the mailing list version of
the python list? :-(

I have skimmed the archives for this month, and I estimate that a third of
this month's activity on this list was helping this person. About 80% of
that is wasted in explaining basic concepts he refuses to read in links
given to him. A depressingly large number of replies to his posts are
seemingly ignored.

Since this is a lot of spam, I feel like leaving the list, but I also
honestly want to help people use python and the replies to questions of
others often give me much insight on several matters.