A few questiosn about encoding

Nick the Gr33k support at superhost.gr
Fri Jun 14 04:37:02 EDT 2013

On 14/6/2013 11:22 πμ, Antoon Pardon wrote:

>> Python prints numbers:
> No it doesn't, numbers are abstract concepts that can be represented in
> various notations, these notations are strings. Those notaional strings
> end up being printed. As I said before we are so used in using the
> decimal notation that we often use the notation and the number interchangebly
> without a problem. But when we are working with multiple notations that
> can become confusing and we should be careful to seperate numbers from their
> representaions/notations.

How do we separate a number then from its represenation-natation?

What is a notation anywat? is it a way of displayment? but that would be
a represeantion then....

Please explain this line as it uses both terms.

No it doesn't, numbers are abstract concepts that can be represented in
various notations

>> but when we need a decimal integer
>
> There are no decimal integers. There is only a decimal notation of the number.
> Decimal, octal etc are not characteristics of the numbers themselves.

So everything we see like:

16474
nikos
abc123

everything is a string and nothing is a number? not even number 1?

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined!