Re-using copyrighted code

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 23:40:43 EDT 2013

> Granted, IANAL, but the scholarly article I linked to above refers to
> several of the same issues. I don't know about publication revoking
> *all rights*, but there was definitely an understanding by the court
> that publication meant a reduction of copyright claim.

Again, I don't think I said that publication revokes "all rights", but
it certainly opens the can of worms that wouldn't have been open had
you kept it to yourself.  So while it *exposes you*, it does not still
*deprive you of rights*.  That is what copyright is for:  to protect
you after you've exposed yourself.
--
MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington