Re-using copyrighted code

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 13:22:40 EDT 2013

>> At least partially, my confusion seems to be caused by the dichotomy of
>> the concepts of copyright and license. How do these relate to each other?
>
> A license emerges out of the commercial domain is purely about
> commercial protections.

I should clarify, that "commercial protections" here means *money*,
not other potentially legal assets.  As soon as money is exchange you
entangle yourself with their domain.  Otherwise, as long as you give
credit, you're really quite safe, from a Constitutional perspective.

--
MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington