Trying to work with data from a query using Python.

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Fri Jun 7 14:24:30 EDT 2013

On 06/07/2013 01:44 PM, ethereal_robe at hotmail.com wrote:

    <SNIP>

>      rows = cur.fetchall()
>
>      for row in rows:
>          print row
>

> Now assume that fetchall would print the following:

I doubt if fetchall() prints anything.  presumably it returns something,
extracted from the db.

> LOEL910624ND5 from the column vat as RFC.
> 227 from the column amount_untaxed.
>

> Now I would need to print that in the following format.
>
> 04|85|LOEL910624ND5|||||227|||||||||||||||
>
> 04 always goes in the first column and 85 always goes in the second, vat goes in the third and the amount_untaxed goes in the eight column but we still need to have 22 columns in total.

I don't use psycopg2, and I'd suggest few others here do either.

Since the problem has nothing to do with psycopg2, could you simplify
the problem?  Whatever fetchall() returns, it's presumably either a dict
or list.  Or is it a list of lists?

Find out what kind of data it is, and stub it with something like:

rows = ["ab", "127"]

Then if you define what the items in that list (or whatever) are
supposed to mean, we can tell you how to stick all those pipe-symbols
between.  One likely answer would be the csv module.

--
DaveA