Python Game Development?

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 14:42:06 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Eam onn <letsplaysforu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pygame isn't too good. You still need a lot of other libraries from what I understand(like for physics). Is there any alternative for 2D?

I don't know of any Python libraries that provide both a rendering
engine and a physics engine.

I'm not sure why you say pyame "isn't too good".  A library that only
does one thing shouldn't be considered a bad library if it does it
well.  I hear that pygame doesn't scale very well to large games, and
it certainly wouldn't be my first choice for a 3D game, but I've never
had any major issues with it myself.  There's a largish list of
alternative libraries that you might consider here:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonGameLibraries