Beginner question

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 4 03:53:04 EDT 2013

On Monday, June 3, 2013 11:46:03 PM UTC-7, Carlos Nepomuceno wrote:
> That doesn't even works because input() is the same as eval(raw_input()). So you'll get a NameError exception.
>
> I think you know that. Perhaps you mean raw_input() instead of input().

But the OP's code shows print() functions... which is not the habit of Python 2 programmers, even though it's legal code.  And the OP says s/he's a beginning programmer... so why start learning Python 2 in 2013?  Let me ask the OP, are you programming in Python 2 or Python 3?

If the answer is indeed Python 3: raw_input() has been banished from Python 3, in favor of plain-old input().