Bools and explicitness [was Re: PyWart: The problem with "print"]

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 19:18:13 EDT 2013

On 06/05/2013 12:11 AM, Russ P. wrote:
> But then, what would you expect of a language that allows you to
> write
>
> x = 1
> x = "Hello"
>
> It's all loosey goosey -- which is fine for many applications but
> certainly not for critical ones.

This comment shows me that you don't understand the difference between
names, objects, and variables.  May sound like a minor quibble, but
there're actually major differences between binding names to objects
(which is what python does) and variables (which is what languages like
C have).  It's very clear Rick does not have an understanding of this
either.