Bools and explicitness [was Re: PyWart: The problem with "print"]

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 01:01:33 EDT 2013

On 6/6/13, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 7, 11:44 am, Mark Janssen <dreamingforw... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Bulshytt. If you have no idea what polymorphism is, you shouldn't even
>> > be participating in this conversation.
>>
>> I am aware of what it means, but Python doesn't really have it
>
> You really need to stop commenting when you clearly have no
> understanding of what you're talking about.

"Clearly", okay.  You've added a wee bit of constructive argument *if*
you're considered reputable to the rest of the list; however,
"polymorophism", should really only be considered "true" when
specifically in a "functional enclosure".  C++ has this, through it's
type system, more strictly when there is no references to variables
outside the function scope.  Python does not.

But this all relates to theoretical ObjectArchitecture and
ModelsOfComputation that aren't well-understood outside a few
specialized folks.  Good luck trying to work through the chaff, if you
don't want to know the difference.

--
MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington