Bools and explicitness [was Re: PyWart: The problem with "print"]

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 01:28:33 EDT 2013

On 06/04/2013 05:21 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:
> If you still feel that this idea is garbage, then, keep on writing
> your sloppy code. My proposal is the best method to handle the
> problems that arise with duck typed languages in a manner that is not
> restrictive or laborious -- it's actually quite elegant.

Like most of your proposals, this does not have anything to do with the
python syntax itself.  You just demonstrated code that does what you
want.  So use it then.  Adopt it in your own code, encourage others to
use it.  No changes to Python are needed.  If this technique proves its
value, then it will be adopted.  If not, it will die.  Start using it in
one of your major open source projects.

> *school-bell-rings*

It's one thing to patronize people as you try to do to D'Aprano (and yes
I admit that most replies to your posts are often patronizing to you in
return), but you do realize this infantile attempt to try to make
yourself look smarter than others really reflects poorly on you?  I for
one feel badly for you on this count, or at least embarrassed.  So just
a suggestion... drop the school bell and teacher stuff (or at least
share your qualifications with us).  It's really tiring, though to be
fair not quite as tiring as trying to help someone with an iron skull
get a CGI script working.