PyWart: The problem with "print"

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 16:28:52 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:58 AM, Steven D'Aprano
>> I've found that many subtle bugs are caused by not limiting the inputs
>> to sane values (or types). And with Python's duct typing
>
> Nothing worse than having pythons roaming through your ducts, eating your
> ducks.

Steven, you misunderstand. It's more about using your ducts to type
code. Have you seen the Mythbusters episode where they're trying to
enter a building surreptitiously? ("Crimes and Mythdemeanors 1", I
think, if you want to look it up.) At one point, we can CLEARLY hear
one of the hosts, moving along a duct, *typing*. We can hear the
click-click-click of giant keys.

Hah. Knew I could trust Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LovGVrrIuk

ChrisA