PyWart: The problem with "print"

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 3 04:49:40 EDT 2013

On 03/06/2013 04:10, Dan Sommers wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 20:16:21 -0400, Jason Swails wrote:
>
>> ... If you don't believe me, you've never hit a bug that 'magically'
>> disappears when you add a debugging print statement ;-).
>
> Ah, yes.  The Heisenbug.  ;-)
>
> We used to run into those back in the days of C and assembly language.
> They're much harder to see in the wild with Python.

Strikes me it's a bit like problems when prototyping circuit boards.
The card doesn't work, so you mount it on an extender card, problem goes
away, remove extender card, problem reappears.  Wash, rinse, repeat :)

--
"Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are
watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green." Snooker

Mark Lawrence