Changing filenames from Greeklish => Greek (subprocess complain)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 01:40:34 EDT 2013

On 06/02/2013 12:34 PM, Νικόλαος Κούρας wrote:
> The whole subprocess fails when it has to deal with a greek lettered
> filename.

No it doesn't.  subprocess is working correctly.  It's the program
subprocess is running that is erring out.  subprocess is merely
reporting to you that it erred out, just as it should.

> I just dont get it... I didn't ask for metrites.py to open via
> subprocess the greek filename, i just told metrites.py to call
> files.py which in turn tries to open that greek filename.

Seems to me, then it's clear how you should go about debugging this.
Have to run each layer separately, and see where the error occurs.
Start with files.py.

that's what any of us would do if the code were ours.  But we can't do
the debugging for you.  It's not possible!  We don't have access to your
code nor to your server environment.  Nor is it appropriate for any of
us who have no contractual relationship with you to have such access to
your server.

Good luck.