Changing filenames from Greeklish => Greek (subprocess complain)

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 05:41:20 EDT 2013

On Jun 7, 6:53 pm, Cameron Simpson <c... at zip.com.au> wrote:
>   Experiment:
>
>     LC_ALL=C ls -b
>     LC_ALL=utf-8 ls -b
>     LC_ALL=iso-8859-7 ls -b
>
>   And the Terminal itself is decoding the output for display, and
>   encoding your input keystrokes to feed as input to the command
>   line.

This reminded me of something I saw on stackoverflow recently:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11735363/python3-unicodeencodeerror-only-when-run-from-crontab

Script would run from shell but not from crontab, as the crontab
environment had different locale settings. Solution was to prepend the
correct LC_CTYPE to the command in the crontab. Would it be similar
for httpd processes?