Changing filenames from Greeklish => Greek (subprocess complain)

Νικόλαος Κούρας nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 23:40:13 EDT 2013

Τη Τρίτη, 4 Ιουνίου 2013 10:31:20 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Lele Gaifax έγραψε:

> The code above was my (failed) attempt to focus your attention on why
> one of your scripts raised a SyntaxError: translating that code in plain
> english, that line (the "stmt" variable above) contains *two* open
> brackets, and *one* close bracket.

Lele, iam sorry fot that these days i do nothing, all day long but try to solve 2 issues, one of it being fils.py which this encoding issues. i missed the parentheses because i was tired. Just added it.

I believe that in order to be able to solve this i have to

a) Find out the actual encoding of my greek filenames are into, after the rename took place from english to greek chars at the CentOS. How can i check that

b) Findind out (a) will help tell python to decode 'fullpath' from the weird unknown yet to be discovered encoded bytestream to 'utf-8' like:

cur.execute('''SELECT url FROM files WHERE url = %s''', (fullpath.decode('weird_bytestream') ) )

Is this the right aproach? I went to sleep yesterday and my mind was still bothered with this encoding problem i'm dealing with.