Changing filenames from Greeklish => Greek (subprocess complain)

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Jun 7 04:56:26 EDT 2013

On 07Jun2013 11:10, =?utf-8?B?zp3Or866zr/PgiDOk866z4EzM866?= <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
| On 7/6/2013 10:42 πμ, Michael Weylandt wrote:
| >os.rename( filepath_bytes filepath.encode('utf-8')
| >Missing comma, which is, after all, just a matter of syntax so it can't matter, right?
|
| I doubted that os.rename arguments must be comma seperated.

Why?

Every other python function separates arguments with commas.

| 'mv source target' didn't require commas so i though it was safe to assume that os.rename did not either.

"mv" is shell syntax.
os.rename is Python syntax.

Two totally separate languages.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as
they ought to be.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914), U.S. author. The Devil's Dictionary (1881-1906).