Changing filenames from Greeklish => Greek (subprocess complain)

Νικόλαος Κούρας nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 03:08:38 EDT 2013

Τη Παρασκευή, 7 Ιουνίου 2013 9:46:53 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Chris Angelico έγραψε:
> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM,  <nagia.retsina at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, but but 'putty' seems to always forget when i tell it to use utf8 for displaying and always picks up the Win8's default charset and it doesnt have a save options dialog. I cant always remember to switch to utf8 charset or renaming all the time from termnal so many greek filenames.
>

> I use PuTTY too (though that'll change when I next upgrade Traal, as
>
> I'll no longer have any Windows clients), and it's set to UTF-8 in the
>
> Winoow|Translation page. Far as I know, those settings are all saved
>
> into the Saved Sessions settings, back on the Session page.
>

> ChrisA

Session settings afaik is for putty to remember hosts to connect to, not terminal options. I might be worng though. No matter how many times i change its options next time i run it always defaults back.

I'll google Traal right now.
You should also take o look on 'Secure Shell' extension for Chrome i just found out.

Seems a great plugin for Chrome. You'll definately like it, i did!