Changing filenames from Greeklish => Greek (subprocess complain)

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 00:47:40 EDT 2013

On Jun 5, 1:28 pm, Νικόλαος Κούρας <nikos.gr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> AS you have seen i've been struggling days now to get a solution to this and the closing parenthesis is not the prbpoem here, unicode.

Oh really?

> if they are unicode then i really see no trouble when trying to:
> cur.execute('''SELECT url FROM files WHERE url = %s''', ( fullpath, )
> but [t]his is what i'm still getting:
> [Tue Jun 04 19:50:16 2013] [error] [client 46.12.95.59]     data = cur.fetchone()        #URL is unique, so should only be one
> [Tue Jun 04 19:50:16 2013] [error] [client 46.12.95.59]        ^
> [Tue Jun 04 19:50:16 2013] [error] [client 46.12.95.59] SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Unicode is not producing the SyntaxError you're seeing here.

> YOU of all people should not speak at all, because you haven't helped me a bit.

Yeah, advising you _not_ to do this crap on a production machine was
clearly lost on you. That's not my failing, though, it's your's.

> Its funny, how knowledge people that in facte tried to help me treat me with respect while people like you who have never been of any help tend to just bitch all the way along.

1) For many of us, this is our _profession_ and you're asking us to
provide you with _free_ support while doing SFA to resolve your
inadequate understanding.
2) If it names itself after a troll, and it trolls like a troll,
there's a pretty good chance it's a troll.
3) Your whining and begging is treating _us_ with no respect, so I
guess we're all even.

Your whole approach is one of cargo cult programming and it's tedious.
Sysadmin, educate thyself!