Changing filenames from Greeklish => Greek (subprocess complain)

Νικόλαος Κούρας nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 05:12:31 EDT 2013

Τη Δευτέρα, 3 Ιουνίου 2013 9:46:46 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Steven D'Aprano έγραψε:

> If I am right, the solution is to fix the file names to ensure that they
> are all valid UTF-8 names. If you view the directory containing these
> files in a file browser that supports UTF-8, do you see any file names
> containing Mojibake?

> Fix those file names, and hopefully the problem will go away.

You are right Steven, i just renames the file 'Euxi tou Ihsou.mp3' => 'Eυχή του Ιησού.mp3' and here is how it appears the filename directory listing via Chrome.

http://superhost.gr/data/apps/

I doesn't display the file with proper Greek characters but with *Mojibake* instead.

So, as you correctly said when files.py need to actually open that file, it cannot decode its stored byte stream from the hdd to proper 'utf-8' charset.

So, how will files.py be able to open these files then?!?!