Apache and suexec issue that wont let me run my python script

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 06:12:55 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 7:48 pm, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> No wonder the economy of Greece is in trouble.
>
> This isn't addressed just to Chris, as this isn't the first time the
> joke has been made, but could we not? There's a term for applying the
> failings of an individual to an entire genetic or cultural collective,
> and it isn't a pretty one.

Sorry. You're right, that was un-called-for. I retract that comment.

My main point I still stand by, though. These people are paying good
money for a service that probably seems fine, to them. It's probably
seemed fine for several years, even. But underneath, the systems admin
is constantly breaking stuff and then coming in a panic to an open
forum, begging for help, and then giving root access to strangers in
the hope that they'll magically fix everything. This is not the sort
of service I would pay for, and this is why I do not regret the
potential damage to Nikos's revenue. The complaint is equivalent to
begging a bank not to put in security cameras, because bank robbers
might get less income.

ChrisA