Apache and suexec issue that wont let me run my python script

Νικόλαος Κούρας nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 05:14:04 EDT 2013

Τη Τετάρτη, 5 Ιουνίου 2013 12:05:36 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Chris Angelico έγραψε:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Νικόλαος Κούρας <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So, iam to blame this for trusting you?
>

> Your clients trust you to not compromise their security. You
>
> compromised their security by giving the root password to a stranger.
>

> > YOU COULD HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED TO SEE WHATS WRONG WITH 'FILES.PY' INSTEAD OF CREATING TEXT FIELS AND COPIED THEM ALL OVER THE CLIENTS HOME DIRECTORY FOLDERS AND MAIL THEM TOO.
>

> > IF YOU DIDNT WANTED TO DO THAT THEN YOU COULD AHVE SAID TO ME, NIKOS I DONT FEEL LIKE LOGGING TO YOUR SYSTEM BECAUSE I DONT REALLY WANTED TO HELP YOU OUT.
>

> When did I ever give the impression that I wanted to help? When did I
>
> ever actually ask you for that power? No, you kept trying to thrust it
>
> on us as part of your demands for assistance.
>

> > I ALSO HAVE GIVEN ROOT ACCESS TO ANOTHER MEMBER OF THIS LIST AND HE IN FACT TRIED TO HELP ME INSTEAD OF DOING WHAT YOU DID. AND FROM 2 OTHER PEOPLE AS SOME OTHER FORUMS TOO.
>

> So... your root account has fairly public access. Did you notify your
>
> clients that half a dozen random people have full access to their
>
> server? Can you prove to them that their private data is, indeed,
>
> private?
>

> > I WONT TALK TO YOU AGAIN. YOU MADE A FALSE PROMISE OF HELPING ME AND THEN SCREWED ME.
>

> What promise? I never promised to help. Go read my posts... I would
>
> have said "reread" except that you never read them in the first place.
>

> Just be aware, I didn't actually hurt you in any way. I changed your
>
> root password to protect it, but you still have access. The only harm
>
> that could come from this is that your clients are now aware of the
>
> risks they are taking by remaining with you. I'm stripping away the
>
> veil and exposing the truth. Nothing more.
>

> And now, we're very much off-topic for python-list, but I think it's a
>
> good thing for other potential server-maintainers to be aware of.
>
> Trust is a very precious thing.
>

> ChrisA

TODAY I READ YOUR POSTS THAT YOU ACTUALLY OFFERED TO LOG INTO MY SERVER.
THAT WOULD IMPLY THAT YOU WANTED TO HELP OUT AND THATS WHY YOU OFFERED.
I AKSED YOU FOR YOUR MAIL THEN AND YOU SEND ME A PRIVATE MAIL TO SEND YOU THE DATA.
THEN I AGVE IT TO YOU.

SHOULD I HAVE ASKED YOU EXPLICITLY BY MAIL TO 'ACTUALLY TRY TO HELP ME INSTEAD OF SCREW MY BUSINESS'? I TRUSTED YOU BECASUE I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION YOU COULD HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUES I;VE BEEN STRUGGLING.

NEXT THIS YOU'RE GONNA TELL ME IS TO BE HAPPY THAT YOU DIDN'T WIPE THE WHOLE SYSTEM OUT BY 'RM -RF /'

GO TO HELL.