Apache and suexec issue that wont let me run my python script

Heiko Wundram modelnine at modelnine.org
Wed Jun 5 05:55:49 EDT 2013

Am 05.06.2013 11:33, schrieb Νικόλαος Κούρας:
> It will remain, if you go away.

Look, pal, I work as a programmer for a (medium size) network service
provider, and due to that I (should) know my networking security 101.
It's generally people like you who are:

1) extremely careless about their system
2) intolerably naive and persistently refusing to learn

and who as a consequence hand out root logins for hosts with big (!)
pipes to people that should - under no circumstances ever, EVER - be
trusted, who are in turn causing the scourge of the public internets
that's called a botnet. It doesn't matter whether you're simply so
stupid (yes, I said it!) as to hand out actual root logins or whether
you refuse to update your system or whether you use weak passwords: in
all cases, your system is compromised, and due to the rather big pipe
that your system has it in turn compromises the integrity of the whole
network that the system is connected to.

Chris is completely right: you shouldn't thank him for not doing 'rm -rf
/' on your system (that's utter peanuts, and only hits you), you should
rather thank him for not copying your complete client data (and in turn
their client's data, let's talk about identity theft) and/or for not
installing a bot on your system which would in turn cause me to have
headaches when the bot's misused to DDoS or for any other form of
network-based attack on the network that I need to administer.

It's you who's the untrustworthy, completely unreliable and utterly
irresponsible member of the community of networks that's called the
Internet. Please go somewhere else.

--
--- Heiko.