Apache and suexec issue that wont let me run my python script

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 11:06:47 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't know much about the Python suexec module, can you please explain
> where it's documented.  Or is suexec nothing to do with Python?

>From Wikipedia:
> Apache suEXEC is a feature of the Apache Web server. It allows users to run CGI and SSI applications as a different user - normally, all web server processes run as the default web server user (often wwwrun, Apache or nobody).

In other words: Nikolaos is trying to do something HORRIBLY WRONG
(just like always).  The proper way would be to run the python scripts
through WSGI as the standard nobody user.  Or do proper file
permissions.  And WSGI should be used through something intelligent
(flask/pyramid/…)

--- OT START ---
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> You should try power surging your drivers. Have you got a spare power cord?
>
> ChrisA
>
> [1] http://www.oocities.org/timessquare/4753/bofh.htm
> --

Please link and read at the BOFH’s page.  [0] is the page and [1] is
this exact story.

[0]: http://bofh.ntk.net/BOFH/index.php
[1]: http://bofh.ntk.net/BOFH/0000/bastard07.php

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk> | GPG KEY: 5EAAEA16
stop html mail                | always bottom-post