Editing tabular data [was: PEP8 79 char max]

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Jul 31 15:02:35 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-31, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>> I don't understand.  That just moves them to a different file --
>> doesn't it?  You've still got to deal with editing a large table of
>> data (for example when I want to add instructions to your assembler).
>
> My guess is it would be more foolproof to edit that stuff with a
> spreadsheet.

Many years ago, I worked with somebody who used a spreadsheet like
that.  I tried it and found it to be way too cumbersome. The overhead
involved of putting tables in to slew of different files and starting
up LibreOffice to edit/view them is huge compared to just editing them
with emacs in a file along with the source code.  Maybe my computer is
too old/slow.  Maybe it's just due to how bad I am at Excel/LibreOffice...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I haven't been married
                                  at               in over six years, but we