Re: Modeling life on Earth –- an object-oriented (Python?) challenge

Luigi Ponti quartese at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 01:31:48 EDT 2013

[...forgot to reply to the list...]

Dear David,

Thanks for your feedback -- you got right to the point:

...python would be more of a prototyping language, and later translated
> into another language for faster maneuvering of data

exactly! I was hoping that, since the modeling framework is conceptually
well developed (i.e., books, papers, analysis, etc. in 35+ years), most of
the work would be towards getting the code up to the same conceptual (i.e.,
abstraction) level. Hence, I was thinking Python would be a good tool for
that. Performance can be taken care of at a later stage, if needed.

Please do not hesitate to drop a further line.

Kind regards,

Luigi