Has anyone gotten Pyglet to work

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jul 29 17:41:03 EDT 2013

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:56:06 -0400, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:

> collier at Nacho-Laptop:~$ ./pyglet.py

Here you are running a module called pyglet, which I assume you wrote.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "./pyglet.py", line 2, in <module>
>      import pyglet

And here you try to import the third-party module called pyglet, except
it is shadowed by your module, and you get your own module instead.

>    File "/home/collier/pyglet.py", line 3, in <module>
>      song = pyglet.media.load('./boot.ogg')
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'media'

Since your module has no attribute 'media', that error is correct.

The lesson here is, never name your own files the same as library files.
Unfortunately, that's easier said than done. I think everyone has made
the same mistake at least once in their life as a Python programmer.

--
Steven