Has anyone gotten Pyglet to work

Joshua Landau joshua at landau.ws
Mon Jul 29 18:46:26 EDT 2013

On 29 July 2013 23:22, Devyn Collier Johnson <devyncjohnson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Duh, thanks for the tip (^u^), but I still get an error (different error).
> NOTE: this is all python2.7 code because Pyglet supposedly has issues with
> Python3.
>
> collier at Nacho-Laptop:~$ pip install pyglet
> Downloading/unpacking pyglet
>   Downloading pyglet-1.1.4.tar.gz (2.9MB): 2.9MB downloaded
>   Running setup.py egg_info for package pyglet
> .......Blah........
> .......Blah........
> Installing collected packages: pyglet
>   Running setup.py install for pyglet
> Successfully installed pyglet
> Cleaning up...
> collier at Nacho-Laptop:~/pytest$ ./pymedia.py
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./pymedia.py", line 3, in <module>
>
>     song = pyglet.media.load('./boot.ogg')
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyglet/media/__init__.py",
> line 1386, in load
>     source = _source_class(filename, file)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyglet/media/riff.py", line
> 202, in __init__
>     'AVbin is required to decode compressed media')
> pyglet.media.riff.WAVEFormatException: AVbin is required to decode
> compressed media
> AL lib: ReleaseALC: 1 device not closed
> collier at Nacho-Laptop:~/pytest$ ls
> boot.ogg  pymedia.py

This line:

> pyglet.media.riff.WAVEFormatException: AVbin is required to decode
compressed media

You should read your exceptions very carefully, they're normally there for
a very good reason.

Then Google that line. Then get
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10302873/python-pyglet-avbin-how-to-install-avbin
(first
link for me). As someone who knows nothing about this, that's your best
bet. If not, Google's other links looked promising.