Cross-Platform Python3 Equivalent to notify-send

Devyn Collier Johnson devyncjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 13:03:51 EDT 2013

On 07/27/2013 12:06 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Steven D'Aprano
>> On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:22:00 -0400, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:
>>> That really sucks. I was hoping Python had some way of doing that. All
>>> that it needs to do is display a little box at one of the corners of the
>>> screen. I thought someone would have implemented something by now. Thank
>>> you anyway.
>> If it's that simple, how about you do it? Won't take you more than, oh,
>> ten minutes, right?
>>
>> *wink*
>>
>> Don't underestimate the difficulty of "trivial" code when it has to work
>> on two dozens different platforms with different capabilities
> That doesn't mean the question shouldn't be asked, of course. Steven
> isn't (at least, I don't think he is!) scorning you for asking.
> Sometimes the response is quite the opposite - that it's so utterly
> trivial that there's no NEED for a library function! Never hurts to
> throw the question out there...
>
> ChrisA
I wanted to make a module (boash) that would be useful, but clearly it
is not. Here, is a feature that is useful that no one has. This may be
the module I decide to make. So, there is no cross-platform for such a
command any where? Would this be a useful module?

I know Steven is not scorning me. He is making me think and I have an idea.

Mahalo,

DCJ