how to package embedded python?

CM cmpython at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 21:57:49 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:23:06 PM UTC-4, David M. Cotter wrote:
> yes, i've looked there, and all over google.  i'm quite expert at embedding at this point.
>

> however nowhere i have looked has had instructions for "this this is how you package up your .exe with all the necessary python modules necessary to actually run on a user's system that does not have python installed".
>

> on mac, it's trivial: all macs come with python, there is nothing i need to include with my app and it "just works"
>

> on windows: if you don't include the proper DLLs and/or whatnot, then the app will complain about missing DLLs on startup.
>

> What DLLs must i include?  where are the instructions?

I know nothing about embedding, but in terms of packaging up a Python interpreter with an application that needs it, could you use py2exe to do that?  If, so is this helpful (gotten from Google's cache since page doesn't appear at the moment...later try embedded Python py2exe search)?:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:x3lrdFT5OF0J:www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/ShippingEmbedded+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a