Python Script Hashplings

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Fri Jul 26 09:53:54 EDT 2013

On 26/07/2013 11:43, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Devyn Collier Johnson
> <devyncjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Why don't you try it?

>> Good point, but if it falls back to Python3.2, how would I know? Plus, I
>> have Python3.3, 3.2, and 2.7 installed. I cannot uninstall them due to
>> dependencies.
>
> Easy:
>
> #!/usr/bin/python3.3
> import sys
> print(sys.version)
>
> Now run that on lots of different computers (virtual computers work
> well for this).

There's also sys.version_info:

 >>> import sys
 >>> sys.version_info
sys.version_info(major=3, minor=3, micro=2, releaselevel='final', serial=0)

If you want to test what would happen if that version wasn't installed,
set the shebang line to a future version, such as Python 3.4. I doubt
you have that installed! :-)