Python Script Hashplings

Matthew Lefavor mclefavor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 10:01:33 EDT 2013

The answer is "probably not." If you just want to use the latest version of
Python 3 you have installed on your system, use: "#!/usr/bin/python3". When
you use the specific minor version numbers, they point to that specific
minor version.

Actually, the preferred shebang line is of the form: "#!/usr/bin/env
python3". This way the end users can override the interpreter with, say, a
virtualenv, rather than being stuck with the system default.