Critic my module

Alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 26 11:08:35 EDT 2013

> The main point of this is for shell users that are using Python and do
> not know some of the Python commands. This module would make Python more
> like a Linux shell. For instance, a shell user would type boash.uname()
> because they may not know they can type "import platform;
> platform.uname()".

But they will know how to import your module?

to be honest I think this module is a solution looking for a problem &
you have re-invented the wheel (Square).
don't let that put you off, there are many command line tools that could
do with a good wrapper to make them easier to use,perhaps you are tryingto
be too general.

> I know that printing is not really the best of ideas, but how else can I
> make the output be displayed without quotes or newline marks?

as this is a module intended for others to use in their programs (rather
than a tool in its own right) the correct approach is to return the
result & lave it for the user to print the result, or process it however
they require.

--
I also never expected Intel to dispose of themselves in such
a cute way.

	- Rik van Riel on linux-kernel