could you change PYPI downloads number for not-uploaded packages?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jul 22 19:08:27 EDT 2013

Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> writes:

> On 2013-07-22 16:44, dmitrey15 at gmail.com wrote:

> > For example, my projects download links are binded to my website ,
> > and thus people see misleading zeros […]

> In short, if you want to have download counts, you will need to host
> your package downloads from PyPI itself.

Also of interest to this group is that PyPI is transitioning to strongly
encourage hosting files at PyPI, and installer tools will default to not
installing files hosted elsewhere.

See PEP 438 “Transitioning to release-file hosting on PyPI”
<URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0438/> for the details. As
Robart said, it's best not discussed here, but at the ‘distutils-sig’
forum <URL:http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/distutils-sig/>.

--
 \           “I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I |
  `\        consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no |