Simple Python script as SMTP server for outgoing e-mails?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 10:48:29 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Gilles <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
>         Every once in a while, my ISP's SMTP server refuses to send
> perfectly legit e-mails because it considers them as SPAM.
>
> So I'd like to install a dead-simple SMTP server on my XP computer
> just to act as SMTP backup server.
> All I'd need is to change the SMTP address in my e-mail client, and
> off they go. No need for anything else like user authentication or
> SPAM control.
>
> Is there a no-brainer, ready-to-use solution in Python that I could
> use for this?

Rather than write something from scratch, I'd look at deploying
something out-of-the-box - Postfix, for instance - which you will be
able to configure much faster than writing your own. And then you
could have it either send via your ISP or send directly to the
receiving MTA, without much extra effort.

ChrisA