Play Ogg Files

Devyn Collier Johnson devyncjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 06:40:10 EDT 2013

On 07/23/2013 01:19 AM, David Hutto wrote:
> Devyn, are you just trying to use this in an application? Would a
> browser based web app work. I ask because there will still be some
> sort of DB interaction, so could it be an option to go with a browser
> command?
>

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:37 PM, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com
> <mailto:wuwei23 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 20/07/2013 10:25 PM, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:
>
>         I have not heard of Pyaudio; I will look into that. As
>         for Pygame, I have not been able to find any good
>         documentation for
>         playing audio files. Plus, I recently learned that Pygame is
>         not Python3
>         compatible.
>

>     Another option would be Pyglet, which uses the cross-platform
>     binary AVBin to provide sound support. It may not provide as much
>     control as PyAudio, but given your example usage it might be a bit
>     more straightforward:
>
>        pyglet.media.load('boot.ogg', streaming=False).play()
>
>     http://www.pyglet.org/doc/programming_guide/simple_audio_playback.html
>
>     The latest development release provides support for Python 3:
>
>     https://code.google.com/p/pyglet/downloads/list?q=1.2alpha1
>     --
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> David Hutto
> /*CEO:*/ _http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com_

I will be playing an ogg file as a bootup sound for a chatbot that runs
in a terminal. There are no web-applications. I will be looking into the
different suggestions that I was offered. So far, Pyglet seems to be the
best. Once I have officially decided and implemented an idea, I will
share my choice with everyone.

Mahalo,
DCJ