Play Ogg Files

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 20:37:03 EDT 2013

On 20/07/2013 10:25 PM, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:
> I have not heard of Pyaudio; I will look into that. As
> for Pygame, I have not been able to find any good documentation for
> playing audio files. Plus, I recently learned that Pygame is not Python3
> compatible.

Another option would be Pyglet, which uses the cross-platform binary
AVBin to provide sound support. It may not provide as much control as
PyAudio, but given your example usage it might be a bit more
straightforward:

    pyglet.media.load('boot.ogg', streaming=False).play()

http://www.pyglet.org/doc/programming_guide/simple_audio_playback.html

The latest development release provides support for Python 3:

https://code.google.com/p/pyglet/downloads/list?q=1.2alpha1