Play Ogg Files

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 01:50:23 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 3:39 PM, David Hutto <dwightdhutto at gmail.com> wrote:
> With linux you can have your package listed in synaptic, and can use with a
> sudo apt-get install whatever ogg player like ogg123, and windows I don't
> work with that much, but I'm pretty sure I've played .wav files from the
> command line before while working with cross platform just for practice, so
> with python 3 you can use what's available in the system with an if command.

Correction: "With Debian-based Linux distributions, you can etc etc" -
aptitude is Debian's package manager, it's not something you'll find
on other Linuxes. And the exact packages available depend on your
repositories; again, most Debian-derived Linux distros will most
likely have ogg123, but it's not guaranteed. However, it's reasonably
likely that other package managers and repositories will have what
you're looking for.

ChrisA