how: embed + extend to control my running app?

David M. Cotter me at davecotter.com
Wed Jul 24 01:15:30 EDT 2013

i'm targeting Mac and Windows.  Let's skip the thing about "it should work when my app isn't running", just assume it's going to be embedded, no pipes or sockets necessary.

For Mac, I understand i need to "create" (?) a python.dylib, but i find no directions for that at the expected location:

http://docs.python.org/2/extending/embedding.html

is there some wiki page explaining how to create this for use in MacOS / Xcode?

Now for Windows: same thing, i think i must create a .dll, right?  Is there a tutorial for that?

After that, i can link to these items, then in my C++ app, just #include "Python.h" and i've covered step 1.