What does it take to implement a chat system in Python (Not asking for code just advice before I start my little project)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 18 13:04:18 EDT 2013

On 7/18/2013 3:29 AM, Aseem Bansal wrote:

> About reading comp.lang.python can you suggest how to read it and
> reply?

To read this list as a newsgroup use news.gmane.org. The difference
between the mailing list interface and newsgroup interface is that the
latter automatically segregates messages by group and only downloads the
messages you want to read. Gmane is also a better way to search the archive.

> I have never read a newsgroup leave alone participated in one.
> I am used to forums like stackoverflow. Any way to read it and reply
> by one interface? If not, give any suggestion. I'll use that.

I use Thunderbird. There is almost no difference between replying to
emails and replying to newsgroup posts.

--
Terry Jan Reedy