What does it take to implement a chat system in Python (Not asking for code just advice before I start my little project)

Aseem Bansal asmbansal2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 01:50:07 EDT 2013

@Eric S. Johansson

I am a novice who hasn't done any big project in programming. I haven't done anything I can even call a moderate project. I haven't touched web frameworks ever. I have little or no knowledge of network/socket programming. I have never used databases before.

I understand that there are a lot of chat systems out there but I haven't done anything like that before. This is for learning purposes.

Reading someone else's code is good but doing it yourself is better.

Thanks for the suggestion but for now I'll stick to this idea. I am excited about this and I would need that for a hobby project.