tkinter redraw rates

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Tue Jul 16 22:21:42 EDT 2013

On 07/16/2013 09:51 PM, fronagzen at gmail.com wrote:

If you are going to use googlegroups, then at least bypass its worst
bugs, like double-spacing everything it quotes.
      http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython

> Yeah, I understand that tkinter isn't really designed for 'logic is running' style issues, but I do need to load that data, and sometimes, that can take a while. I am in fact experimenting
 >  with threading another process to update the window, yes.

Those three words/phrases strike a real discord.

Multithreading is not the same as multiprocessing.  And you probably
don't ever want to update a window with a different thread than the one
that created it.  Not that it can't be done, at least in some languages,
but that it's real rat-hole of problems.

The extra thread or process (with different problems to each) should be
doing the "logic is running" but NOT the gui.

--
DaveA