PyGLet on Python 3

Devyn Collier Johnson devyncjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 09:35:47 EDT 2013

On 07/23/2013 02:24 AM, John Ladasky wrote:
> On 07/21/2013 08:10 PM, Joseph Clark wrote:
>> John, have you taken a look at pyglet?  It's an alternative to pygame and I found it pretty slick once I got the hang of it.  There is a development version that's compatible with python 3 and I've never had a bug with it.  It wraps OpenGL itself so there are no additional dependencies.
>>

>> // joseph w. clark , phd , visiting research associate
>> \\ university of nebraska at omaha - college of IS&T
>>
> Hi Joe,
>
> Thanks for the PyGLet recommendation.  I like OpenGL.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to get PyGLet to work, even though the pyglet.org front page claims that "the major 1.2alpha1 release brings pyglet to Python 3."
>
> I followed the links to this page:
>
> https://code.google.com/p/pyglet/downloads/list?q=1.2alpha1
>
> I installed pyglet on my Linux system's Python 3.3 using distutils, as I have done with many other packages.  But I can't run test.py, nor can I even get as far as importing pyglet from my Python 3.3 interpreter command line.  The obstacle is apparently Python 2.x-style print statements, which are found throughout tests.py and pyglet/__init__.py.
>
> Does anyone know an efficient way around this problem?  Thanks!
I cannot get Pyglet to work. I successfully installed the module and it
imports successfully, but a previously suggested command does not work.
I use Python3.

 >>> import pyglet
 >>> pyglet.media.load('./boot.ogg', streaming=False).play()
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'media'

Mahalo,

DCJ