Ideal way to separate GUI and logic?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Jul 14 21:30:52 EDT 2013

In article <mailman.4706.1373850127.3114.python-list at python.org>,
 Joel Goldstick <joel.goldstick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Writing code isn't all theory.  It takes practice, and since the days
> of The Mythical Man-Month, it has been well understood that you
> always end up throwing away the first system anyway.

If I may paraphrase Brooks, "Plan to throw the first one away, because
it's going to suck.  Then, the next one you write to replace it will
also suck because it's going to suffer from Second System Effect" :-)

BTW, anybody who enjoyed The Mythical Man-Month should also read Ed
Yourdon's Death March.