GeoIP2 for retrieving city and region ?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Jul 14 14:32:54 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-13 16:57, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 07/13/2013 12:23 PM, Νικόλας wrote:
> > Do you know a way of implementing anyone of these methods to a
> > script?
>
> Yes.  Modern browsers all support a location API in the browser for
> javascript.

And the good browsers give the user the option to disclose this
information or not (and, as I mentioned elsewhere on this thread,
even lie about where you are such as with the Geolocater plugin[1] for
FF).

Some of us value the modicum of privacy that we receive by not being
locatable by IP address.

-tkc

[1]
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/geolocater/