GeoIP2 for retrieving city and region ?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 12:47:38 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 2013-07-12, ?????????????? <nikos at superhost.gr> wrote:
>> When visiting http://www.geoiptool.com/en/__ip_info/ it pinpoints my
>> _exact_ city of living, not the ISP's. It did not even ask me to
>> allow a geop ip javascript to run it present sit instantly.
>
> So you've reached your conclusion on a sample size of one?

This is Nikos. He doesn't read responses properly, doesn't do his
research, and has (by his own admission) an iron head that doesn't let
information cross it lightly. Yes, he reached his conclusion on a
sample size of one.

Oh, and just for laughs, I tried a few of my recent mobile IP
addresses in the GeoIP lookup. All of them quoted Melbourne someplace,
some in the CBD and some out in the suburbs, but all vastly wrong, and
places I haven't been. But I'd never expect it to be accurate on
those.

ChrisA