Question about mailing list rules

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 07:11:43 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Devyn Collier Johnson
> <devyncjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am going to love this mailing list even more.
>>
>> Really, only Python code? I wanted to ask Python users about Perl! (^u^)
>>
>> Devyn Collier Johnson
>
> Heh. You'd be surprised what comes up. If it's at least broadly
> related to Python (maybe you're comparing constructs in Python and
> Perl??), it'll probably be accepted. And even stuff that's completely
> off-topic does at times get discussed.
>
> One small thing, though. Please avoid top-posting; the convention on
> this list is to quote text above, and write yours underneath. Makes it
> easier to follow the flow of conversation. Thanks!
>
> ChrisA
> --

One more thing Devyn should do is watch the “To:” field and make sure
it says python-list at python.org, because the above message was sent to
Chris only, and that is not what should happen most of the time.
Another option is to use Reply All, but it will make old Usenet hags
angry, because they would get two copies.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk> | GPG KEY: 5EAAEA16
stop html mail                | always bottom-post